New Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training
Are you looking for a new challenge or career change?
Do you have a passion for fitness?
Become a Personal Trainer with DTT!
This qualification will further develop learners, who have existing knowledge and skills in gym instruction, to enable them to pursue a career in personal training. During the qualification learners will cover the following:
• Further anatomy and physiology applicable to personal training
• Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness
• Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing
• Effective communication skills for client consultations to encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and strategies for change
• Skills to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of clients in a variety of environments with a range of resources
• Legal and professional requirements for personal training
• How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self employed basis if they wish to
• How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance
A suitable level 2 qualification in Gym instructing. The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is essential. There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and maths involved, so learners should have basic skills in communication and maths pitched at level 2 (as a minimum).
This qualification comprises of 6 mandatory units:
Unit 1: Applied anatomy and physiology for exercise, health and fitness F/615/4012
Unit 2: The principles of nutrition and their application to exercise and health J/615/4013
Unit 3: Understanding lifestyle, health, wellbeing and common medical conditions R/615/4015
Unit 4: Encouraging positive health and fitness behaviours in clients Y/615/4016
Unit 5: Programme design and delivery for personal training Y/615/4018
Unit 6: Professionalism and business acumen for personal trainers D/615/4020
Course Duration & Timings
4 Weekends – 10am to 5.30pm
Portfolio of Evidence
Multiple Choice Examination.
This qualification provides progression onto the Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
Next Available Dates
2020 June 26-28 July 17-19 August 7-9 September 4-6